Jul 14, 2008

How long does it take to remodel a home....?

I'm just getting ready to start on my second half of the basement ceiling. By that I mean, putting a texture on the ceiling. If anyone is ever considering doing this, call me first, because this is one job that I would actually hire out. Saturday afternoon was my first attempt. I knew it would be incredibly messy, but had no idea how hard it was. Every 5 minutes you have to reload the roller. It takes forever and ever to make any progress! I'm all about speed...you know actually getting the job done the same day you start it. So tonight is the night to finish the ceiling...at least texturing....later I will need to hit it with a coat of paint. I've lived in this house for exactly ten years. The first time I walked in the door I saw a vision of how it could look. I was able to see past the 20 year old open weave drapes, the deer heads, fish and numerous other dead animals hanging on the walls, the horrible wall paper and the layers of nicotine coating every surface...and slowly it's finally coming together. In the past two months I have repainted my bedroom, enameled the woodwork, layed new flooring in the bathrooms , painted the 'extra' bedroom (soon to be my sewing/whatever space), painted the hallway, all while the basement was being completely remodeled. And very soon the work will be complete. I will post photos of the finished work!! But now...I'm off the do the ceilings....

1 comment:

Tera said...

I cannot wait to see the pictures of your remodeling. So fun!!