Jul 5, 2008

My very first blog...how exciting!


Everyone is blogging and now I am too. What to say? Where to begin? Let's see....today we celebrated July4th, but almost as important as the birth of our great nation is the birth of my dear mother. Today she celebrated her 73rd birthday. She has battle rheumatoid arthritis for the past 30+ years and faced lymphomea and chemotherapy for nearly 7 years now. The most amazing thing about her is that she presses forward each day with joy and a calm spirit. She doesn't let anything get her down. She doesn't complain. She never gives up! So how appropriate that she was born on the day we celebrate the birth of our nation. This picture of me, my mom and Courtney was taken just days before Courtney moved away. We had gone to dinner and it was a fun time!

1 comment:

Tera said...

Welcome to the wild world of blogging! I think your blog is beautiful. I love the picture of you in Minnesota. You're gorgeous! I'm looking forward to reading up on your life and family.