Oct 12, 2010

Am I finally a grown up???

Last fall I got rid of my old living room furniture and started plans to update the decor! I fell in love with the upholstery for the chairs and went from there. For the first time in my adult life I picked exactly what I wanted...having both the chairs and sofa custom upholstered! Once home from the furniture store I called my mother and told her I finally felt like an adult. She was a little surprised at my comment because she thought I would have felt that way after raising four children on my own, buying a home, paying bills, etc...but nope...it took purchasing furniture to increase my maturity level. Who would have guessed it? Anyway, my home feels more welcoming and fresh. I decided to be bold with the wall color as my home needed more excitement....I love this room!


3 comments:

Laura said...

I love it too!

Greg Runyan and Lori Peck said...

Wow! Move over Nate, there's a new sheriff in town! Love it!

Steph said...

Beautiful! So nice of you to fix it up for Laura & Adam. ;)