Feb 1, 2012

The Snowflake, Arizona Temple...

This year our ward's theme is: Focus on the Temple. This is in prepartion for the completion of the Gilbert Arizona Temple (which is about a year away). I have set a goal to attend the temple each week of this year. Today we were at the Snowflake Temple. It is about 3 1/2 hours from our home. We went again with Ron and Jill. This temple sets up on a hill and looks lovely as you drive up towards it.
We took this picture after our session...it was a little windy...
Ron and Jill.
On the east side of the temple there is this arbor. It beautifully frames the view of the valley.
Each time I enter the temple I am touched by the Spirit. I am so thankful that I live close to a temple and have the opportunity to serve others within those sacred walls. I am reminded of what the temple is ~
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.." ~ D& C 88: 119

No comments: