Oct 7, 2008

"Good job, NayNay......"







Once a week Nathan and Lily come to my house for a few hours while their dad is at church and their mom teaches guitar lessons. Tonight I decided we would make cupcakes. Nathan was so excited because his job was to put sprinkles on top of the freshly frosted cupcake. He started out carefully pinching a few sprinkles between his little fingers and placing them on the cupcake. With each addition of colorful little charms he would announce "Good job, NayNay!!" (He calls himself that.) He was so proud of his efforts. Well,... a 2 year old can only do this teadious work for so long before the desire to "eat" overtakes the desire to "decorate." As you can see he only did half of them and then went onto the eating phase of the activity! I think he ate at least 3 or 4 within a few minutes. Poor Lily was watching from the sidelines, but she too ate her share of the sweet treats! My final comment, "Good job, NayNay!!!"

3 comments:

Tera said...

I'm so glad you have fun kids to bake with. I know Joey and Bailey miss baking and decorating cookies with you. You are such a fun grandma and friend!

Jeppson Clan said...

Love your blog Debbie! Those cupcakes look mighty tasty! Which reminds me, I had wanted to get your recipe for the sour cream chocolate cake (I think that's what it was) the one from the New Beginnings activity. So yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! So fun to see you out here blogging!!
Come leave me comments if you'd like to. :)
I want some cupcakes, too!! :-)