Oct 5, 2008

A 'Yankee" heads to the South......




Yes, I'm the 'Yankee' who got to spend a little time
in beautiful Beaufort, South Carolina!
My parent had gone to Charleston for my dad's
Korean War reunion.
To make their trip easier I flew down to help them
drive home...(they won't fly).
Lucky for me my dear friend Maldia lives just
about an hour from Charleston.
She picked me up from the Savanah airport
and we were able to spend about a day and half
together. During that time we toured
Beaufort...I totally love the Civil War era homes,
the Live Oak trees draped in Spanish moss,
the water front and of course my time
with Maldia.
We hadn't seen each other since she moved
away 6 years ago! I can't wait to go back
next Spring!
And you know what....I think I could easily
become a Southern gal....

1 comment:

The Joyful Heart said...

Debbie, Darling...I have not seen you in soooo long! Is this you? I am thinking of you this morning and love you tons! Let love consolidate the miles between the hearts of true, dear, old friends!

Karyn