Oct 22, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes.....

As most of you know I am hooked on talk radio. I spend 40 hours a week in the car and drive over 600 miles during that same time. Music bores me and my brain needs something to think about! So who do I listen to?....Dr Laura and Dave Ramsey (they are just good common sense) and then to keep my political interests sharp I frequent Laura Ingrahm, Bill O'Reily, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and if I'm still out later in the day...even a little Michael Savage! These guys...oops..forgot Laura ...keep me up on the "right" and the "left" of things! Even with their conservative voices it can still get complicated....you know...one guy says 'this' another says 'that'... and then all the pointing of fingers.....it's really complex.

The other night I had a little friend over for a sleep over. Carrigan (3 1/2 going on 18) was staying with me while her mom and dad headed for the hospital for the birth of their new baby (fyi...baby Addison is here.... 6#4oz...healthy...mom and baby are doing great). It was late evening and Carrigan was showing no signs of falling asleep so I decided to try the method that usually puts me to sleep...that is...watching the 10pm news! I turned on the tv and we climbed into my bed. I was casually watching the program, but not with any particular interest, when I felt a tapping on my arm. I turned to Carrigan only to see her pointing at the tv and saying "I don't like Obama!" I've seen too much on the campaingn to really notice, but she was paying attention! I asked her why she didn't like him and she replied..."because he's 'lame.'" I laughed and then before I could say anything she was pointing again, this time as the story had changed to John McCain. She quickly said.."I like John McCain." Of course I couldn't resist asking why...she got excited and said..."because he's for America!"

So there you have it...we can listen to the professional talkers all day and in a matter of minutes a little girl can sum up the whole race and tell you who and why to vote! I just wonder why a little child can see clearly and there are adults who just don't get it!

No comments: