Aug 3, 2009

The blessing of lasting friendships....

One of the highlights of my Utah trip was reconnecting
with my dear friend Sharon!
Our other friend, Arlene, was supposed to drive up
from San Diego so the three of us could spend a few
days together, but unfortunately Arlene became
ill the day before she was to leave Cali.
Although we really missed Arlene, Sharon and I
managed to have GREAT TIME!

Sharon and I met in Provo the summer of 1983...
I had moved into a rental house for what turned out to
be a couple months.
Sharon was my neighbor who lived across the street.
We quickly became friends....
and now all these years later, after raising our families,
we got to have time together.
We enjoyed fun lunches, hours and hours of talking,
laughing and sharing our life experiences!
We even found time to sew a duvet cover for her bed
the last night in my hotel room!
Her sweet husband, Al, carried her sewing machine
through the hotel lobby and up to my room...
We had a great night sewing and gabbing...
just like we did so many years ago!
Sharon...thank you for touching my life!

1 comment:

Katie Danner said...

Debbie! This is sooo cute! I love your blog, and your music and everything. I am glad you and my Mom got to re-unite after so long! :)