Aug 23, 2009

Busy weekend = completed curtains....

I'm just going to say it...I'm POOPED!!!
I had so much going on this weekend and was determined to accomplish a few things.
High on my priority list was the curtains for my family room.
I have had the fabric for several months, but never made time to sit down and actually sew them.
Am I lazy at times?....most definitely!!!
My parents gave me their old furniture last year, nothing I would have purchased, but it has turned out to be a good thing....after all, if the grand kids get it dirty I really don't care. However, the sofa and love seat are a blue/tan/cream plaid...and I really don't like blue or 1980's style..so I was limited on the fabric I could choose from...so the above was a good compromise...enough brown with more subtle blue!
I like it...I think it's fun!

There are 3 "basement" size windows
and then the door and full-size window.

After it's all said and done....
I'm pretty happy with the results.

4 comments:

Tera said...

Beautiful! I love the fabric.

Barb said...

I told you I was coming righ over...and I love your curtains...you do keep yourself real busy. Hope all is well with you...would love to be right next door so I could just nip right over in my gown if i wanted to.

Carie said...

I really love them, they look amazing.

I was thinking of a new sewing project: little pajama dresses for Avery?

Laura said...

I loooove the curtains! I'm glad you got them done. They look great.