Aug 3, 2009

An "Open-Door" Policy...

I have always wanted my home to be
a place that is welcoming.
For years we have had a steady flow of missionaries
come and go. We've fed them, done their laundry,
tried to be a home-away-from-home
and because of that I have had the privilege
to get to know some pretty special young men.

Our ward was the first area for Elder Barnes.
After he had been here a few weeks I received
a note in the mail from his parents.
I later called them to let them know that their
son was doing great and that they raised
a wonderful young man.
Elder Barnes' parents and little brother
came to pick him up in July and
came by for a quick visit.
Such a sweet family.

At the same time Elder Barnes was going home,
Elder Kafu (on the right) was going home too.
It was so sad to say goodbye to him.
He served a great mission.
Elder Anderson (on the left) is still in our ward..
he makes me laugh!

The end of June brought a quick visit from another
former missionary, Miles Crosby and his father.
It's hard for me think of Miles as a "former" anything..
he's my adopted son!
Who would have thought that a young man
spending a brief time in my ward
would create such a lasting friendship.
We were so excited to finally meet his dad!

The afternoon I got home from South Carolina brought
another visitor just a few hours later...
Brent Thurgood...yes..another former missionary,
but once again...a dear friend,
was driving through!
We all went out to dinner and he spent the night.
Brent was the missionary who taught and
baptized Beth....
that makes him an important part of our family!

No comments: