Aug 10, 2009

Edith, "Don't Sigh", Stink-Eye, PeeDink....

A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel...
a must read..
you'll learn about Edith, not "sighing,"
about getting the Stink-Eye and PeeDink!


I am a confessed "book club" drop-out!
I admit it...not ashamed, but probably should be!
My friend, Becky, is hosting the ward book club
at her house and I have agreed to attend.
Then came the hard part...
agreeing to read the book and the even harder part...
making time to actually read the book.
Becky came to my rescue by getting the book
from the library...a book on CD...
that meant no excuses for me..
afterall...time alone in the car
is something I have plenty of!
So, last Thursday Becky called to let me know the CD
is available for me and would I like to come get it!
I picked it up on my way out-of-town to work
and put it straight into the CD player.
I thought, "I could use a little break from talk radio.
I could listen to the book during a local talk show,
but promised myself I would listen to Dave Ramsey
at 11am....that wouldn't be too hard!"
The CD started. Thirty minutes passed,
an hour, two hours. Before I knew it,
Dave Ramsey was nearly over and I had put the
3rd CD into the player! I was hooked.
I laughed, cried, and laughed some more!
I was totally drawn into the story!
I just finished listening to it the 2nd time
and I still laughed and cried and laughed some more!

1 comment:

Tio said...

Hi my friend. Thanks for the link to your blog. I read Zippy as well. I am a small town girl and it hit home. You look wonderful, happy, young, and full of life. Wish we still lived by each other. I will keep reading, you keep writing. Love to you all.
Verlinda