Aug 9, 2009

Toothless in KC: A fun visit....

Last week my dear friend, Tera,
along with her sweet children,
Joey, TJ and Bailey,
stopped by for a quick visit.
It's been 2 1/2 years since they lived here
and I was so excited to see them and get
caught up with their lives!

While sitting on the sofa talking Joey was
feeling her loose tooth.
How loose was her tooth?...well, it was
at least 4 or 5 days away from being
loose enough to come out.
(I've had considerable experience with baby teeth).
The little tooth was only slightly moving.
Tera started wiggling it,
then we heard a "pop!"
Joey was startled by the sound coming
from her mouth!
I offered to get some string so Joey
could keep working the tooth loose.
She wanted pink thread! Request granted!
Tera and I got the thread securely around
the tooth.
Tera checked the security with a quick, firm tug!
"Ouch!," I thought.
Then without hesitation Tera gave it another tug!
And pop!...there was Joey's tooth hanging
in mid-air.
I thought Joey was going to cry, but
instead her expression turned to one of joy!
She had finally lost a tooth and become part
of the group....
"Children Missing Teeth!"
I don't know what the tooth fairy brought her
but I'm sure it was amazing!
Congratulations Joey!!!

No comments: