Aug 3, 2009

The Land of Enchantment...aka Albuquerque

In mid-February I traveled to Albuquerque for a one week vacation.
New Mexico and Albuquerque are beautiful places....
a varied and interesting landscaping!
You can shop for turquoise jewelry while eating green chili on all types of food.
Enchanting to say the least!
The sunsets are spectacular, as you can see in this view
of the mountain as we drove along Tramway.

Albuquerque, NM is my second home and I'm blessed to have wonderful family living there. Each time I visit I am always sad to go back home. The above picture is of my dear Aunt Betty and her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Amber and Philip had us all over for dinner. The little kids are so cute and friendly and their parents are equally as wonderful.
My Aunt Betty is absolutely amazing! She is in Senior Basketball and travels with her team. They are real champions! She has never colored her hair, she is always learning something new, she goes daily to the care facility to feed and watch over her husband who suffers from advanced stages of Alzheimer's, she grows a garden, hikes in the mountains and is 85 years young. She is my idol and everyone who meets her loves her!

I have been blessed with wonderful, Evy. We've only been able to spend time together for about the past 13 years, but from the very beginning we have had a strong connection. Sometimes we mourn the loss of not growing up together, but we both know that everything is in the Lord's hands and that his timing is always perfect. You just never know how and when a blessing will come into your life...Evy is one of my greatest blessings!

No comments: