Jan 23, 2012

Camping....Me????

January 2011 was the beginning of an adventure for me. I have learned that camping is fun, especially when it's with Kenneth. He makes every adventure fun. We drove out into the desert about one hour from our home and set up camp in a little area near a creek. Kenneth built a fire, we cooked tin-foil dinners (I've made many of these for my sons but have never eaten one actually cooked in a fire). It was delicious. After the sun set we used the telescope and looked at planets and stars. It is so amazing how, when you get out of the city lights, you see a sky full of stars...thousands upon thousands. I saw the Milky Way for the first time in my life. I learned where Orion and Jupiter are in the night sky. We made our bed in the back of the pickup truck and slept under stars. Before daylight we watched as several satellites raced across the dark sky. The next morning we hiked up the mountain where we found a valley lined with cottonwood trees in their fall colors. I cannot believe that I actually enjoyed this. It was the first of many trips like it.











No comments: