Jan 23, 2012

Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon in all its glory....

February 2010 found us on a day-trip several hours north to Sedona. I had only seen a few pictures in a book of the area, but had no clue how breathtakingly beautiful it really is. The photos do not do it justice. The orange color the rock contrasted with the bright blue sky is amazing. It made me wonder if the color was more intense since blue and orange are opposites on the color wheel.

Back in the 70's someone built a church into the side of the mountain. I thought the inside was pretty as the light came through the window.



How about this little, humble home? We thought we would check into buying it...afterall Kenneth would enjoy having his own private observatory! What do you think?




From Sedona we drove up through Oak Creek Canyon. There were amazing views there also. I loved photographing around the bridge that crossess over a deep canyon.




My sweet husband! I love spending time with him.

Higher up we found SNOW! I like snow, especially when it's in little manageable amounts.
I had no clue we would see "winter" weather...I worn sandles that day!! Burr..my toes were freezing.


The canyon ends near Flagstaff. Our day concluded with a Mexican dinner and a long drive home!

No comments: