Jan 23, 2012

March 2011...My parents come for a visit...

My dad's health had begun to fail. He seemed to have lost the will to live, quit eating, no interest in life. We were able to convince them that a trip to sunny Arizona would be the perfect fix. And..it was. It happened to be during the prime of the baseball pre-season...and dumb me, didn't realize that there are many, many professional baseball teams that play here in the early Spring.

My dad and I made the long drive to Surprise, AZ to watch the Kansas City Royals play. My dad wanted each of us to have a new hat...so I ended up with a cute hat myself.
One night there was an "Old-Timers" All-Star game that we attended. My dad was thrilled to meet up again with Dennis Leonard, former pitcher for the Royals and a family friend.
One Saturday we made the drive to Roosevelt Lake high up in the mountains to the northeast. It was a long drive, but worth the trip. My parents were amazed at how tall the catus grow. We had to snap a picture!


Finally their trip ended with a visit to South Mountain. Kenneth asked my parents to hold hands. I will treasure this picture forever.

No comments: